623 BCE - 483 BCE
- Founder of the Buddhist religion,
- His sayings and rules of discipline made up the Buddhist teachings.
322 BCE - 185 BCE
- Brought free healthcare to his empire for both people and animals.
- Used religion to unite the people.
- Policies became a norm for the rulers who followed.
1 CE - 300 CE
320 CE - 550 CE
606 CE - 647 CE
- Equal fairness among the people and they were treated well and lived harmoniously,
- Contributed to the advancement of the country by building schools, highways etc.
- Promoted a democratic government that cared for the people.
1206 CE - 1526 CE
1296 CE - 1320 CE
- Established Muslim power to protect their frontier against the Mongols.
- Muslim politics and culture penetrated southern India.
- Protected his empire, but used the working people to do so.
- Introduced socialist economic policies by government intervention in the economy.
1526 CE - 1858 CE
- Overcame Islamic elitism
- He did now follow traditions of his faith, and also made some changes that were not favorable among Muslims.
- He made the people equal and made the taxes fair. He was able to rule his empire and defend it in this way.