D.W. Hockaday moves from OK to establish a church. came to the city and made contact with two members of the church, Mildred Effler and Velma Boukas.
Preachers 1932-1975 = DW Hockaday, Rolfe Wagner, Orland Wilkerson, Harrel Collard, OK Alexander, James Jordan, Keith Beeman, Boyd Lowe, Linwood Bishop, Tom Silva, Jessee Dogget, Jesse Wade, John Eshleman, Perry Zumwalt, Art Smith, Jake Vincent, Reece Mitchell, Al Neal, Leonord Black, and Vic Shelton.
Supported by Cleburne, Texas church
Worked summer 1974 and 1975
Darrel Fenter and Clifton Hensley
John Eshleman (worship and benevolence)
Dennis Franklin (finances)
Gale Loomis (evangelism and missions)
Al Postelwait (education and youth)
Gene Slater (building and grounds)
99 people were baptized, 44 still faithful in 1986
Purchased for $75,000
Financial drive resulted in raising $81,000.
June 1982 a letter from King West Partners asking for $60,000 towards SID's . Two SID's were in existence one for $80,455 and the other $30,854.
Nov. 1983 SID's now total $142,545.
Decicsion in 1986 to allow the City and County to take the property for the tax.