Created in San Francisco.
- Canada is one of the original members to sign the Charter.
- Based on the idea of collective security.
- Member nations can debate issues of concern. (provided by the General Assembly)
- The original goal of was to prevent another global conflict, abolish disease and famine & protect human rights.
- Three powers against aggressor: Condemn, Economic sanctions & Military intervention
- "Big Fives" - Britain, France, China, U,S & Russia
- Decisions need support from nine members while the Big Fives have the power of veto.