by Jessica P
Truganini was born in Van Diemen's land.
When Truganini met Robinson her mother, uncle, sister and fiancé had been killed.
They were married at Bruny Island.
Truganini taught Robinson her aboriginal language and customs, which he recorded.
At Flinders Island Robinson re named Truganini 'Lallah Rook' but she decided to keep her own name.
Truganini, Woodrady and 14 other aboriginals were at Port Phillip with Robinson, but when two of the men were hung for murder, the rest were sent back to Flinders Island. Woodrady dying on the way.
Back at Oyster Cove Truganini resumed her old life for a while, hunting in the bush, spearing fish and diving for shellfish.
By this time William Lanne and Truganini were the only full-blood Tasmanian Aboriginals alive.
Truganini moved to Hobart. She stayed there until her death.
Truganini was concerned, that after her death, her body would not be put on public display, but studied by scientists. Sadly her body was put on display at the Tasmanian Museum until 1951.
Truganini's body was put on public display at the Tasmanian Museum until 1951.
The Tasmanian aboriginal community requested that Truganini may be cremated and scattered in the D'Entrecasteaux Cannel near her homeland.