John Askew won the land that is now Starr's Mill from the GA Land Lottery of 1821 and sold it to Hananiah Gilcoat.
The largest creek in the county by volume was named this for unknown reasons in the early days of the county. This creek was the most economical for mills.
Fayette County was formed out of ceded Creek Lands and was named after the Marquis de Lafayette.
Alexander Ware, native to Madison County, GA, moves in to the newly-formed county. He operated a grist mill and store on Line Creek and his land extended east to what is now McIntosh High School.
On April 30, 1825, at three in the morning about 170 warriors under the leadership of a brave called Menawa crept quietly up to McIntosh's home in Carroll county and torched the house. One son, Chilly McIntosh, escaped through an open window and fled to Alexander Ware's plantation. Two of McIntosh's wives also escaped. It was then that McIntosh was forced to exit into a spray of bullets from the marauding band. He was instantly killed, dragged out in the yard and scalped. The plantation was then ravaged, the livestock killed and all buildings burned. the warriors left as quickly as they came, taking the scalp of McIntosh as a trophy. He was buried at the site.