-heard was the ruler at the time.
- he was good to the Jews and Muslims-
- he gave the sanhedrin less power.
- he brought the exiled Jews back to isreal from Egypt and babylone.
10 C.E - 220 C.E
There are diffrent eras in judism
In this time, The gemarah was made
66 C.E - 70 C.E
-The Jews were split up into to diffrent sections.
- The Jews Revoult against the Muslims
Destruction of the 2nd Temple
In the year 70, The Romans destroyed the 2nd Temple.
After the Jews were exiled out of Jerusalem they moved to Yavneh
Bar Kochba Revolt
132 C.E - 136 C.E
This was the 3rd and last rebellion against the Romans.
This revolt established an independent state of Israel for a few years to the Romans took it over.
200 C.E - 500 C.E
In this period, the Amorim taught the Gemarah.
They codified the Gemarah.
589 C.E - 1038 C.E
There were two major schools in this time
One in Sura, and one in Pumbedita.
The head of the schools were considered the supreme judge.
The Golden Age
700 C.E - 1492 C.E
This Golden Age happened in Spain.
This was an amassing time for the Jews.
1040 C.E - 1460 C.E
Maimonides, Rashi, Nachmanides, Ibn Tibbon, etc. we're all Rishonim.
1478 C.E - 1834 C.E
This was started by King Ferdinand of Aragon and Queen Isabella of Castile.
It forced conversions to Christianity ( not only the Jews, but also the Muslims).
-The expulsion was part of the inquisition.
- On July 39, 1492, the whole Spanish Jewish community (200,000 people) were kicked out of Spain.
- Most ended up in Turkey, North Africa, Italy and parts of the Arab world. They became known as Sephardim.