Irritated the religiously obsessed peoples of Judea and Israel. Upset the Zealots who wanted to fight the Romans. Jesus preached love and forgiveness. He challenged traditionalist rabbis, making Israel and Judea hard to govern. Jewish leaders demanded that the Roman procurator allow them to punish the disturber of the peace
After being crushed by the Romans, they decided to punish this "troublesome people by dispersing them in what came to be known as teh second Diaspora.
Results from forced eviction:
1. establishment of Jewish exile colonies that became breeding ground for Christianity throughout the eastern Mediterranean basin and soon in Italy itself
Son of Marcus Aurelius. Incompetent.
Ordinary citizens not directly involved with struggles but suffered effects.
1. Loss of respect in authority
2. the courts of law were overruled by force
3. Bribery and corruption of officials was not uncommon
4. Bad disruption of long-distance trade on which the economy flourished
announced official toleration of Christianity and signaled that the new religion was favored at the imperial court.
Seen as the official end of rome empire