Billie is organizing demos, to ensure presence in the downtown core.
Victoria has sent contacts to bi
Locations tbd, core of DT
Highly desired target times:
Thu 8/15 11:30 – 1:30 pm. Victoria has expressed interest to bring Lane County Plein Air painters to the Park Blocks/salmon fountain (COE can organize activity permit and some parking passes)
Mon 8/19, Tue 8/20, 11:30 – 1:30
Wed 8/21, 11:30 – 1:30
Wed 8/21, 5:30 – 8:30 pm
Thu 8/22, 11:30 – 1 pm – Kids Plein Air demo & play ?
Encouraging artist to offer throughout August, and specifically from Thu 8/15 to Sun 8/25/13 to create a deep track of plein air.
Artist will offer on their own and will receive information on how to post on CreateEugene.com and will receive assistance from Brent.
• Categories: Landscape and Cityscape, open to all plus kids 14 & under.
• Make available a map of places to paint (Lisa) at registration
• Hoping to have 3 prizes (substantial cash $) per theme, plus some overnight stays.
• Hope to secure 3 prizes for kids, plus ribbons for all kids participating.
• To enter Paint Out, $10/theme; $5/kid with (10?) scholarships available (how to fund?)
• Registration will include a free parking pass in a downtown parking garage (not on street) for Wed 8/21, sponsored by City of Eugene.
Registration to stamp canvas for Paint Out:
• Tuesday 8/20, 4-8 pm at DIVA
• Wednesday 8/21, 7:30 am-2:30 pm at DIVA
• Take-in of art at Kesey Square: noon-4:30 pm
• Judge needed: requesting well-known judge from out of the area (suggested $500 pay for judge and overnight accommodations.)
This event has two primary target audiences: artists (participating in the Paint-Out and others) and the community (all, including families with kids)
• Intake at Kesey Square starting at 12 noon, ends at 4:30 pm
• Installation on portable walls
• Judge arrives at 5:30, judges until 8:25 pm
• Awards announced at 8:30 pm (have awards/checks ready?)
• Wine bar/beverage garden (no host)
• Food carts (no host)
• Live music (email out to Willamette Jazz Society for quartet)
• Minimum of 2-3 demo painters
• Making Art Station for Kids (Gladys is seeing if Emerald Art Center’s person may be interested, if so, Bi will ask about Park For Lunch on Thu 8/22, 11:30-1 as well)
• Art a la Cart, print making for kids of all ages (Amazon Ctr’s printing press on a bicycle)
At 8:30 pm, artist are encouraged to take paintings to DIVA for Show (DIVA will stay open until 10 pm)
• DIVA will open at 10 am to continue artist drop off until noon.
• Show opens at 1 pm (regular open time for DIVA)
• Maximum Works: 50 participants or 70 pieces
• DIVA takes 35% Commission
• To be discussed: Create! Eugene want a cut (comes from Artists share) to fund Create! Eugene and ensure a 2nd annual?
• 5:00pm – 8pm: Artist reception @ DIVA (runs August 23-31, 2013)
• Who will organize and fund?