The major deserts in Africa are the Namib Desert, Kalahari Desert, Sahara Desert and Libyan Desert. The importance of the tsetse fly was they carried disease that are deadly to live stock, nad they gave people deadly sleeping illneses. The importance of the griots were they were the story tellers who would pass down the stories from different generations. Lots of th african leaders in the 11th centry adopted the islamic religion. for the soninke people in Ghana the two most important trade items were gold and salt.
Was in Nigeria between the Niger and The Benue River. They were know for there great use of iron.
The south was the region that was covered with these migrants. There farming technique was the slash and burn. the technology that they brought with them was iron work.
The kingdom is in south Kush on a plateau on the red, which is now Eritrea and Ethiopia. The Aksum made its livinf off of salts, rinocero's horns, tortoise shelles, ivory, emerald, and gold. This was het only Acient African kingdom to develop a writen language. The decline of the Aksum was they were over taken by islams, after their prophet Muhammad died in 632 AD.
These people lived in the Savannaa area east of the Mali and Songai. There political organization was city-states with a ruler at every state with walls around them. There main trade items were captives/slaves.
It was in the south eastern Africa. It was abondend, and no one knows what happened to them.
They were in the forests on the southern edge of the Savanna in what is today Benin and south western Nigeria. The yoruba kings were concidered to be devine, nd a big relighious and political power. The two largest kings were Ife and Oyo.
The Mali Empire was in south of Ghama. Mansa musa was good, he was a ruler who was Muslism, he gave away enormous amounts of god, nad he bulit new moaques.
Was an empire in East Africa and they were taken over by the portuguese.
The Oba was there ruler. the siginificance of portuguese trade in Benin's port at Gwatto was they enslaved grocons and seized territory for colonises.
These people were in the Niger River near Gao. The notable leaders were Sunni Ali, Who bulit a vast empire by militarty conquest, also another great leader was Askia Muhammad whe set up an efficient tax system and chose able officers.
1) Centeralized government, loweered taxes, beleived the Emperor had divine power, peasents owed a months worth of labor, Marital Emperor, confuscism
2)Had a buracracy by testing peoples knowledge of confusicism
3)fell because of economic imbalences, politica; intriges, and social unrest
the greatest accomplishment was the Grand Canal
they made a very intelligent ruling class because the exam to be in the bureaucracy was extrenely tough
2) they fell because of very high txes, struggled to keep control of their empire, rebel groups killed emperor and burned the capital
in chia but smaller than tang or han dynasty
2) made moveable type and gunpowder
3)gentry-scholor officails; urban middle class; peasents
pax mongolia- travelers guarenteed safe passage from one end of the empire to the other; mongolian peace
-foriegn trade increased
-restored grand canal
1) didnt want outsiders to threaten their peace and prosperity
2)Zheng he was a chisnese explorer who made all 7 voyages
3)couldnt conduct foriegn trade but there was alot of smuggling
1)Manchus invaded china and the ming dynasty collapsed
2)to trade with them you had t abid by there laws while in china
3)the opium tea connection was used to get the chinese to buy stuff in large amounts
5)opium was between britian and china; britian lost
5)the taping rebellion was when internal and external fighting brought them down
6)Cixi she updated education system, dipolmatic services, and military
7)sphere of influenceis were foriegn nations controlled trade and investment
8) chinas open door policy was that its doors be open to all countries for trade
1) the central govt fadded intofuedilism landowners made armies and land owners treaded land for protection
2) their religon was shintoism
3)buddism wzas brought to japan
1) the capital was heian
3) samurai were loyal warriors and bushido was the code behavior
1) shogun is the supreme general of the emperors army
2) it drained the treasurey
1)Daimyo is a feudalistic lord
2) was like European Fuedalism; had casles and armies which caused disorder
3) portugal had early contact with japan
4) they created a closed country policy
5)mattew perry took 4 ships to japan and scared them with the cannons and such and they knew that they had to receive the letter from the president
1)the best way to resist was to modernize
2) they liked the german government and army britians navey and america's public education
3) they try to expand to korea