December 26, 1928
- Marty Cooper is an American engineer.
- He is a pioneer in the wireless communications industry
- He built the first mobile cell phone and made the first cell-phone call
- People call him the father of the cellular phone.
- He graduated from the Illinois Institute of Technology
- He joined the US Navy and served during the Korean War.
February 24, 1955
- Steven Paul Jobs was an American business magnate
- He was also a industrial designer, investor, and media proprietor.
- Steve Jobs likely had an IQ roughly 160 or above.
- Near the end of 4th grade Steve Jobs was tested for his IQ.
- He scored at the high school sophomore level.
- When he was in 4th grade he had the knowledge of a 10th grader.
June 8, 1955
- He was an English engineer and computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web.
- He is a Professorial Fellow of Computer Science
- He is the Director of the World Wide Web Consortium
- He wrote the first web client and server in 1990
- In 2001 he became a Fellow of the Royal Society
- Sir Tim has promoted open government
July 9, 1971
- Marc Lowell Andreessen is an American entrepreneur, investor, and software engineer
- Marc co-created the highly influential Mosaic internet browser
- Marc serves on the board of the Andreessen Horowitz portfolio companies
- In June 2018, a16z raised raised $300 million for its first crypto-focused fund
- He also cofounded Loudcloud, which, renamed Opsware
- His first claim to fame was cofounding web browser firm Netscape
- Apple is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California.
- It is considered one of the Big Five technology companies.
- Apple today received its first-ever Golden Globe nominations from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- Including Best Television Series, Drama, for Apple’s global hit “The Morning Show”
- Customers can watch “The Morning Show” exclusively on Apple TV+
- The season finale premieres Friday, December 20.
- Google is an American multinational technology company
- They specialize in Internet-related services and products.
- which include online advertising technologies
- It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies
- On their about page they have 'Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.' on their page.
- Google was founded on September 4, 1998, Menlo Park, CA
- PayPal is an online financial service that allows you to pay for items
- You can transfer the money to one of your assigned bank accounts or cards.
- There can be fee applied when you receive money to your account
- PayPal is a company that facilitates payments
- PayPal allows customers to establish an account on its platform
- You dont need a bank account to have a paypal account
- Email was a free website developed by google.
- Email is the exchange of computer-stored messages.
- Email is short for electronic mail.
- You can recieve emails and send emails.
- Email consists of messages which are sent and received using the Internet.
- Tomlinson sent the e-mail to himself as a test e-mail message, it said "something like QWERTYUIOP." Though it sent transmitted through ARPANET.
February 14, 2005
- YouTube is an American video-sharing platform
- YouTube now operates as one of Google's subsidiaries
- They have a twitter account
- YouTube is a free to use service and a can be a great space for teens
- For many young people, YouTube is used to watch music videos, comedy shows etc
- Ten years ago today, a guy named Jawed Karim posted the first-ever video to YouTube