Camping history

Timeline of camping history from the Jesse Bolinder's paper on Covenant camping ministry.

Covenant

Young People's Associations begin to meet regularly

1897

... often on camp grounds

Organization of Covenant wide coop for Sunday School and Young People's Work

1916

E.G. Hjerpe in order to get better reports on Sunday School activity

Large desire for Covenant-owned camp grounds begins

1920

Establishment of Pilgrim Pines

1920

Young People's Conferences begin to outgrow church meetings

1926

Mission Springs purchases land

1926

Covenant Point purchases land

1928

Covenant Heights purchases land

1946