The Hudson Bay company has been founded on May 2nd, 1670 in London, England.
With the beginning of the seven year war, the demands of fur in Europe dropped considerably
In 1774, Samuel Hearne built the Cumberland house because they realised that they have to journey to where native traders are living.
In 1821, the Hudson Bay company (76) and the North Western company (97) decided to merge into one company instead of competing with each other.
By the deed of surrender, the company receive 300 000 euros, keeps 120 posts and gets land concessions, they then gave their rights to Rupert’s land.
In 1881, only 31% of the Canada’s population are living in cities. The Hudson Bay company produce their first mail catalogue to give access to the rural population.
The Hudson Bay company director Donald Smith is chosen to drive the ceremonial “Last spike” of the new railroad.
The Hudson Bay company started to produce other things than their traditional fur, they start selling salmon, coffee, tea and others commodities.
Hudson's Bay Company announces the purchase of the business and premises of the J.F. Cairns Limited Department Store in Saskatoon.
In 1970, Queen Elizabeth approves to move the head office, from London to Winnipeg, Manitoba.