First congregation organized in 1801; Conference organized in 1810. Also known as Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec. Merged into Mennonite Conference of Eastern Canada in 1988
First arrivals in 1822; first church organized in 1824. Formally organized as a conference in 1923, changed name to Western Ontario Mennonite Conference in 1963. Became part of Mennonite Church Eastern Canada in 1988
Started in Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1812
Merged with the Reforming Mennonites to form the United Mennonite of Canada, Indiana and Michigan
Merged with the New Mennonites to form the United Mennonites of Canada, Indiana and Michigan
Merged with the Evangelical Mennonites (Pennsylvania) to form the Evangelical United Mennonites
Merged with the Swankite Brethren in Christ (Ohio) to form the Mennonite Brethren in Christ
Changed name in 1947 to United Missionary Church (later known as Missionary Church, and still later as Evangelical Missionary Church)
Also initially called "House Amish"
Started as two divisions from the Old Order Amish--the Nafziger church (1903) and the Lichti church (1911). Later these churches identified with the U.S. based Beachy Amish who formed in the 1920s.
Immigrated in 1924; organized a conference in 1932.
Formally organized in 1944; became part of Mennonite Conference of Eastern Canada in 1988
Also known as Mennonite Church Eastern Canada