Current technology analysis. The project manager will make sure that there are not better technologies available that will work better.
Do a technology survey with all the stakeholders and teaching assistants and graduate assistants. This is to ensure that the technology is still being utilized properly and if there are any gaps being created with the implemented technology. The questions on the survey will be split up between the specific focus areas. 1) will be for front office operations, including the gizmo mapped folder, the online scheduler and travel claim site. 2) graduate advising, the questions will focus on changes to the graduate website, and the online appointment scheduler. 3) Bb training, the questions will focus on the training implemented.
A breakdown of the survey questions are below:
- for the gizmo mapped folder-survey sent to Dot, Sara, Whitney and Elizabeth. The questions include:
1) In any given month in average how many times have you had problems storing, retrieving and sharing files?
2) Has the gizmo drive helped with promoting front office operations efficiency?
3) Overall how well is the new gizmo drive working for the front office?
4) Briefly express any problems and successes if any you noticed after the implementation of the gizmo folder?
The next set of questions will pertain to the travel site and be sent to 60 graduate students (30 TA'a and 30 non-TA's). These questions are:
1) How often have you viewed the website for travel claim info in the past few months?
2) Was there any information you were seeking that was missing? If so please explain what it was?
3) Was the site organized and easy to read?
4) List any suggestions that will help improve the site?
The last area is Bb training, the survey will be sent to 30 Teaching Assistants and all the professors/Instructors within the department. The questions will include:
1) Did the new training materials help to set up your course in Bb?
2) How well was the information presented, was it clear and easy to understand?
3) Did the training materials help break everything down, in a easy and understandable manner?
4) How would you rate the quality and effectiveness of the training video from a scale from 1-5, 5 being excellent.
5) Please express any problems you experienced with the training?
6) Please express any successes you experienced with the training?
7) Please express any suggestions you have for the Bb training?
8) Assuming that you are now able to achieve the basic functions in Bb, how willing are you learn the more advanced features with Bb?
Schedule interviews with Sara, Pat and Leigh to go over any needed changes. We will discuss any issues they posted on the Sharepoint blog.
Some questions that will be asked in the interviews include:
1) Has the website cut down on graduate students asking you for help?
2) If you are still receiving questions what are they, and is it something that can be added to the website?
This meeting will cover any problems that she is aware of about the implemented technology. Since she is in constant contact i can get some good feedback from her.
Send out a survey to faculty members, survey will be sent to a total of 30 teaching Assistants, and all the professors/instructors (35 in total) about there experiences with Bb. This will help to verify consistency in their previous surveys. The questions will be the same as the ones in the Bb portion of the Implemented technology survey.
Send out another survey to graduate students (60 surveys will be sent out, 30-teaching Assistants and 30 non-assistanship graduate students) to verify the effectiveness of online scheduler and website. The purpose is to get there feedback on all the information that is available on the site and to verify any glitches that may have been encountered and there posts on the blog. The questions will be similar to the ones asked in the Graduate Advising portion of the implemented technology survey.
Verify how many faculty members are actually using Bb, the project manager will get activity data and content data and compare it to the previous years data analysis.
Interview all the front office staff before the new semester to verify that the mapped folder is working for them, and to receive any additional feedback about any current problems or successes. In the interview will be asked questions like:
1) How effective is the gizmo folder?
2) Has it made front office operations more efficient?
3) Have you experienced any problems with the new technology? If so what were the problems?
Will compare to previous years. The question will be similar to those in the implemented technology survey.
Observe activity for online scheduler. Compare to previous years. This activity will be in the form of activity reports that will show who scheduled an appointment...the results will be compared to the actual number of graduate students who met with Pat. This will verify if they are using the new method or still making appointments using the old methods.
Observe recent activity in the mapped drive. Again compare to previous years. The focus will be on activity in the last couple of weeks. The time stamp on the files will indicate when they were last modified, added and retrieved. An adequate level of activity will be at least 2 times a week. But most likely it will be more since the front office staff is always accessing and sharing these files.
verify how many people are using the scheduler, by pulling reports on activity. Also verify the number of individuals that viewed the travel site, this will be accomplished using google analytics that will be imbedded into the site.
Send out a survey to faculty members, survey will be sent to a total of 30 teaching Assistants, and all the professors/instructors (35 in total) about there experiences with Bb. This will help to verify consistency in their previous surveys.
Gather all the results of surveys, observations, data analysis and put it in a graph. This will verify how consistent everything is and whether any changes need to be made.
Based on all the data gathered through the years the project manager will verify feedback consistency. Then based on the results specific questions will be formulated for this survey
Complete analysis of implemented technology and whether new and improved technologies can replace the current ones. This will assist in making sure that the department is keeping up with the shifts in technology and any new hardware/softwares.