May 6th - Terminus to be at Chalk Farm at this point
Government passes an act to allow the terminus to be extended from Chalk Farm to Euston
Designed by architect Philip Hardwick.
Structural Eng; Charles Fox
Engineering contractor; William Cubitt
1st EVER mainline terminus station in a capital
1839 - Doric Arch is erected (Hardwick)
1849 - Great Hall is opened, designed by Philip Hardwick Jnr
Euston is made HQ of 'The London & North Western Railway company'
New office block built between the Arch and platforms
By 1870, the station covered 10 acres
Passenger and parcel traffic had once more outgrown the capacity of the station; two new platforms, additional service roads and an additional entrance were created
Four more platforms created.
Total of 15; 14 for passengers and 1 for parcels