The people of the Saar region voted fur reunification with Germany
Violated the Versailles Treaty by doing this
- First attempt at expansionism by Mussolini to expand to test limits and show aggression.
- Gave Mussolini popular support in Italy despite him failing to achieve his foreign political aims with it.
- First proper expansion
- Same as the Corfu Crisis
- Showed that Mussolini was willing to expand
- Gained popular support
After a 13 year campaign, the Italian colony of Libya is subdued
- Japan left League of Nations = Weakening of collective security.
- Western response showed that expansionism was possible.
- Gave Japan absolute control over significant resources.
- Economy = Resources
- Regional dominance