Born in 1822, N.K. Grove and his family came to Texas in 1852 and moved to Arlington in 1883.
Mr. Grove conducted a general store with Colonel Thomas Spruance. They also operated an undertaking business.
In 1892 Mr. Grove served as Mayor of Arlington for one term. The old Grove homestead was located on East Main near where later the Mayfield Lumber yard was located.
At the time of his death, he was survived by two children, Mrs. Ella Elizabeth Grove Finley, who later married John Calvin Roy, and William Lockhart Grove. http://www.arlington-tx.gov/history/hall-mayors/nicholas-kenny-grove/