When grazier/ realtor, Arthur Earle, came to the Gold Coast, he purchased about 3000 acres of land situated between Nerang and Mudgeeraba and set about dozing a track through the middle of his land. The track became a busy road eventually and when it was linked up with the cuttings of the old railway line, it formed part of todays Pacific Highway.
On the Gold Coast, the rapid population growth and influx of investment capital made the concept of a major planned town and residential centre, such as Robina, feasible for the first time.
Arthur Earle and Singapore developer Robin Loh purchased the 1658 hectare site for AU$11.2 million
The first stage of Housing blocks were on the market. NEighbouring farm properties were purchased and the land holding was enlarged to over 1850 hectares and Robina became Australia’s largest privately owned master planned residential community.
Robina became associated with the business partnership of Arthur Earle and Robin Loh. The company was incorporated and given the name Robina Land Coorperation and was managed by their Chief Executive, Rob Hill.
The first of a series of freshwater lakes, Lake Hugh Muntz, covering an area of 17 hectares, was complete
Robina Town centre under construction
The Robina Town Centre was opened and a community with the services of schools, hospital, rail link, police and fire stations has become a reality.
The center received a Commendation from the Royal Australian Institute of Architects
A $390 million redevelopment became a plan
The Robina Town Centre commenced on a $300 million extension
Robina Town Centre completed a $90 million expansion