Holy Ghost Cemetery
St. Louis, Missouri
Also known as: Picker’s Cemetery, Piccot's Cemetery and Old Picker’s Cemetery (after the Rev. Franz Picker, pastor of Holy Ghost Church when the cemetery was established)
The German Evangelical Protestant Church of the Holy Ghost founded a cemetery near Arsenal and Gravois in 1846. Burials were halted by city order after 1902, and the cemetery was condemned in 1917. Graves were removed to St. Marcus, Zion Evangelical, Bellefontaine, St. Peter’s and Independent German Evangelical (now Gatewood Gardens) Cemeteries. Removal records are not known to exist.