A Brief History of Cantor Fitzgerald

Main

Cantor Fitzgerald is Founded

1945

Bernie Cantor and John Fitzgerald team up to create bond brokerage firm, Cantor Fitzgerald

Institutional Equities Sales and Trading Division established

1965

Offers large block trading to asset managers, pension funds, and portfolio managers.

Cantor Fitzgerald pioneers “screen brokerage"

1972

Introduces the world’s first electronic marketplace for US Government Securities by purchasing controlling interest in Telerate.

Cantor Fitzgerald is 1st firm to offer worldwide screen brokerage

1983

Services are in US Government securities

Japan office opens brokering Eurobonds

1984

1st eSpeed transaction executed by Cantor Fitzgerald client

1999

The first fully-electronic transaction via the eSpeed platform is executed by a Cantor Fitzgerald client.

Cantor FItzgerald Investment Banking Group is founded

2000

BGC Partners LP formed

2004

New global headquarters in midtown Manhattan established

Cantor Market Data launches G3 Vision

2005

The first ever 3-D desktop application of U.S. Treasury Cash and Futures Markets.

Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. added to the US Federal Reserve’s Primary Dealer list

2006

CantorC02e is formed

2007

Cantor Environmental Brokerage and CO2e join forces to become CantorCO2e

Leverage Finance Group is created

2007

eSpeed launches Aqua

2007

Aqua is a venture that brings new liquidity to the global equities markets

Cantor Exchange is created

2008

BGC Partners, Inc. created

2008

BGC and eSpeed merge, creating BGC Partners, Inc.one of the world’s leading interdealer brokers.

Prime Brokerage Services is established

2009

London's Debt Capital Markets group is established

2009

Merchant Banking and Commercial Real Estate Groups are established

2010

ETF Desk established

2013

Cantor Connect initiated

2014

Cantor Fitzgerald establishes the most modern approach to Direct Market Access.