Thank you for watching. The timeline is easy to move with the mouse. It is best seen with the "2 years" zoom. --- Blue COLOR stands for Internet and Computer, Green for Pedagogy, and Orange for Other --- Please feel free to contact me for any detail you wish, at (cyrille dot laloy at gmail dot com)
Lifeguard at the SNSM (French national sea-rescue association ), Calvados, France (summer 1995)
At Arabies , a news monthly on Middle East and the Arabic world based in Paris.
I created the magazine's contents archive (first) digital database, for the upcoming Internet and “Big data” era.
As a tank scout in France's land forces.
Swimming pool, Versailles.
Swimming pool, Versailles.
Working at Acadomia Paris, I taught Mathematics, History, Geography and English for students in the Eight year and final grade (14 and 17 years old).
They obtained their diplomas with a grade B.
I worked at the Maison pour tous de Malakoff (92), France.
It has been a real formative work experience: Helping young peoples very different one from another, getting them to either see their own interest, retain self-confidence or bypass real intellectual difficulties to learning French and Mathematics.
For Etnoka , a start-up empowering students through tested "good plans" in Paris, with 30000 members at the time.
I searched for usefull addresses and informations that I selected and summarized online.
As a member of Citudor":http://citudor.org/ and "Calvix associations (Caen, France) I had the opportunity to
* Build a safe « Internet room » for the residents at the Young Workers Hostel:
A computer « kiosk » i.e. six easy-to-use internet-connected computers unmodifiable by end users, with distant administration, a proxy and a firewall. All was made from used hardware. I trained two youngs until they mastered the software and were able to improve it. Below is a report made by local newspaper Ouest France as of December 9, 2005.
Also created a bilingual French / Chinese internet portal built on Zope/Plone2 (Python), which was self-administered, hosted and sustained various internet attacks without dammage.
* Create multimedia CDs to help our foreigners friends learning French through music.
PHP, MySQL, design and SEO man for Frendy, a real estate company providing services for American visitors to Paris (one of the sites' archive: frendy.com ).
I also managed file sharing between Windows and Linux computers, using Samba.
LLiseil Web agency:
* Wordpress, Joomla integration and design for interconnected, well referenced online communication projects, to support companies, administrations and associations goals (portfolio ).
* e-visibility and communication through semantics, SEO":https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searchengineoptimization and "social media optimization":https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialmediaoptimization , "SEM (Google Adwords), cross posting and ROI measurement
* Web content accessibility on mobiles and for disabled people (WAI ).
At LLiseil , for companies, administrations and associations:
* Internet : Joomla! and Wordpress content management systems, Virtuemart e-shops, Social media (Facebook, Twitter…), SEO techniques and tools, Collaborative and Cloud computing tools easing project management, Data backup and sharing.
* System and network : Firewall, proxy, secured incremental backups over the network, remote control and presentation, FTP, SSH… on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
* Desktop publishing : Create a wide range of printed matter such as flyers, newspaper and newsletter on Windows©, Linux or Mac OS X, using Scribus.
A village's Youth Summer Camp, West Bank
* Children aged 14-16 who barely used a camera or a computer before.
* Means: the kids' enthusiasm, 3 cameras, the village school's old computers (of which I could upgrade some), and the very effective help of talented students from the village, we achieved:
* Result: taught the kids photography basics (e.g. light and shadow, framing a scene and subject), digital pictures management and the selection process to tell a story. They produced drawings , as well as a slideshow of their own pictures presenting the village and its youth; its projection in front of all their comrades and dozens of internationals at the end of the Youth Summer Camp was kind of an achievement!
* Limits: time, electrical issues, lack of an Internet connection, kids' youngness, and language made it a challenge!
A town's Youth Summer Camp, West Bank
* students aged 16 to 20 years
* Means and results: My students learned photo basics (light, framing, shooting moving subjects), digital photo organization, selection as well as their publication on their own Flickr account Beit Ummar Kids":https://secure.flickr.com/photos/beitummarkids/ . Beside, I made them meet with a professional photo-journalist, with students at the "Phoenix school":http://phoenixbethlehem.org/ video classes in Deheishe – Bethlehem, and attend the final projection of the excellent short movies produced by Al-Arrub youngs within "Re-imagine":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyAcEl3CVQs workshop, where they met the animators from Voices Beyond Walls and "EJE . A Scottish association that we contacted continued the workshop after a few months.
* Limits: The good human and technical conditions that we met during the workshop kind of missed after my departure.
See more pictures of the planned activies
School : Faculty of History, Caen, France
Diploma: Licence (Bachelor's degree) of History and Geography.
School : Faculty of Modern Languages, University of Caen, France.
Diploma: Certificate of success
We had an exceptionnally gifted professor of Syrian origin.
School: International Language Institute in Cairo
Content: One month of intensive courses, followed by another two months immersion in the Egyptian society thanks to local friends: From Cairo to Marsah Matrouh and villages from the Nile valley to the Delta, this has been a milestone” in my life, feeling “at home” (e.g. understanding and being understood at a deep level) quicker and further more than I could possibly have imagined, in most places and with most of the people, be it into the villages or in Cairo.
Diploma: Certificate of success
School : Faculty of History and Institute of Geography at the Université Paris I la Sorbonne":http://www.paris-sorbonne.fr/nos-formations/la-formation-initiale/choisir-par-discipline/sciences-humaines/histoire/presentation-3115/ , IUFM de Paris (university institutes for teacher education "Institut universitaire de formation des maîtres" [IUFM] in French renamed "ESPE de Paris as of September 2013).
Diploma : Master's degree of History and CAPES of History and Geography
Note: I followed the whole course on a netbook and was part of the first French teachers group collaborating through the Web to better use digital tools and ressources for our teaching.
School : CNAM (French National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts )
Content: Internet client Programming – Internet Architecture – Systems and Network – Web Graphics.
Diploma: Certificates of success for all courses.
School: Groupe FIM
Content: To design, realize and promote a B to B and a B to C website. From Network protocols and security to the Paiement methods, legal background or Marketing research and strategy. The whole courses was delivered by active Internet professionals.
Diploma: Cybermarketer has an academic equivalence to a Master's degree.