Create a Timeline Now
History of Albury/Wodonga’s (District) Settlement
Hume and Hovel arrive at Murray River and named it Hume River.
january 1824 - february 1824
William Wyse founds the first cattle run at Mungabareena Station
february 1835 - april 1835
Thomas Townsend made the first ever town map of Albury
february 1838 - april 1838
Migrants named Schubach, Frauenfelder and Rau and planted the first vineyards
february 1851 - april 1851
Wodonga Township began with the first police station
february 1854 - april 1854
Sisters of Mercy arrived and began teaching the girls of Albury/Wodonga.
april 1868 - may 1868
Wodonga Shire created the Yackandandah Shire.
february 1876 - april 1876
The number of houses in Albury moved to 1000
february 1890 - april 1890
Albury population approaching 15,000 so it was announced as a growing city.
april 1946 - may 1946
Bonegilla Migrant Reception Centre opened for migrants
april 1947 - may 1947
Albury and Wodonga’s combined population reaches 36,000.
may 1966 - june 1966
AWDC housing estate was developed at St Johns Hill in Thurgoona.
april 1978 - may 1978
Charles Sturt University established giving more reason to come to Albury.
may 1989 - june 1989
The council mergers tripledin size of Albury to more than 300 square km's
january 2004 - february 2004
Download Printable PDF
Normal Paper (8½" by 11")
Legal Paper (8½" by 14")
Stretch across multiple sheets of paper
Terms of Service
© 2019 Preceden LLC