Agriculture in Albury Wodonga

Main

Mungabareena Station Established

1835

First cattle driven on the Murray River

1835

German migrants plant first vineyards

1851

The Agricultural and Horticultural Society formed

1857

Sale yards for sheep open at Newmarket

1888

Thurgoona vine industry at its peak

1890

Large Scale Wool Sales mean the building of the Big Wool Store

1891

Arnold Fruit Market opens

1929

Haberfield Dairy opens in South Albury

1931

The Wool Exchange opens where Commercial Club stands

1935